Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Internet - How Overwhelmed Are You

The past two weeks have been very interesting and an eye opener. I just realized that the internet can be very overwhelming and if you are like me you see something - a new site - a new company - a new idea, whatever it is and you will want to check it out.

I became a distributor for an MLM and received some good support. The support has been so good I have been referred to many free sites to either become part of a network or several networks, free advertising, free leads, free...free...free. And the more you are directed to free stuff you want to check it all out. Before you know it you have so many websites, possibly so many accounts, so many passwords, that you need someone to help you organize all of your information. It's mind boggling.

Oh and did I mention being a recruiter will guarantee you more websites to check out. There's Craigslist, Elance, Indeed, Monster, Job.com, Kijiji, careerbuilder, you have your niche sites, your diversity sites and it seems to all go on until eternity. What to do with all of this information?

I mean, come on people, am I the only one feeling overwhelmed here!

Well, I guess I have another project to add to the many projects that I already have. My goal is to see if I can figure out a way to organize all of this information, all of these sites.

Whoever coined the phrase "super highway" was not kidding. Whew!!!

Write me back and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I agree.
    I think people who are familiar with it and understand secret computer language- these people love the internet. The rest of us... we type with two fingers and make it work. though, i have to say that i am addicted to wikipedia and google.

    ReplyDelete